Community

More options

Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)
Mar 13, 2014 5:14:42 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello everyone I'm new to remote utilities, with using other remote access software in the past i love this one and seems the community here comes together for good ideas. A few things i would like to see...

1.) Viewer - all my PC's are online 24/7 but the viewer shows their offline when their not, i have to manually login then see the PC's online ( if their is a option already for that, ive missed it sorry . I need to know what PC's are actually online and offline. ( i have the ping set to 10 sec on all pc's)

2.)Chat - Chat seems cool and easy to use, but have option to Change your name that appears at top of chat messages that are sent and to remove pc name that the message came from.

3.)Refresh - AWESOME option keep it

4.) Option to run Check disk/disk defrag AUTO start certain drives and disk cleanup.
( not a biggie but would be cool and faster to have them start without full connection)

any ideas that anyone has to fix my ideas please let me know.
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Mar 14, 2014 10:47:11 am EDT
Hello, Bob.

Thank for your suggestions.

Bobby Mills wrote:
I need to know what PC's are actually online and offline.

Yes, we have that feature. You can enable Auto-logon in the Security tab of Connection Properties window. Unfortunately, this feature is not available for Internet-ID connections yet. May be we'll add it in the future.

Bobby Mills wrote:
option to Change your name that appears at top of chat messages that are sent

You can change your Nickname in the Chat settings. You can find it in the top left corner of the chat window.

Bobby Mills wrote:
remove pc name that the message came from

PC name does not appear in the main chat window. Only in the list of Users.

Bobby Mills wrote:
3.)Refresh - AWESOME option keep it

Thank you wery much. We really appreciate your gratitude.

Bobby Mills wrote:
Option to run Check disk/disk defrag AUTO start certain drives and disk cleanup.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to add this in the near future, but we are grateful for your suggestion and will consider it later.

Don’t hesitate to ask me, if you have any questions.
Edited:Anton Kalugin - Mar 14, 2014 11:26:23 am EDT
Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)
Mar 16, 2014 9:35:13 am EDT
Thank you for your interest and feedback. Maybe another option I would like to see with dealing with alot of PC's... anyway to see the status of Firewall/Anti-virus to see if its active and not been disabled and maybe add a Reminder setting for each PC (EX: remind me to connect back in 3 days at 3:30pm to check on system status) I set reminders on Outlook express to remind me of all this but just a suggestion.

(Again if these options are available already.. lol i cant find it :P)

Thanks as always Bobby!
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Mar 17, 2014 11:48:49 am EDT
Hello again, Bob.

Thank you for your suggestions, we will consider them and possibly add to our wish list.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
May 20, 2014 8:06:31 pm EDT
I'd like to add to what Anton has said. Namely, we are planning to add a simpler version of the chat right into the Full control / View window. The old Chat mode will still be there in case you need more chat features. It's only that the simple chat window/pane (at the right hand side of the screen) will allow you to quickly exchange messages with the remote user during remote support without switching to a separate chat window.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)