New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Add support to mouse back/forward buttons

Jukk N, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 25, 2019 2:46:04 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
At least for me mouse back/forward buttons do not work even though other ones do (even middle button etc). Probably support for extra buttons would be easy to implement?

-J
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 25, 2019 1:32:52 pm EST
Hello Jukk,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We will add the extra buttons support to our wishlist and implement it in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Cortexian, User (Posts: 3)
May 19, 2021 4:27:27 pm EDT
Has there been any progress on this? I switched to Remote Utilities Self-Hosted from the Free  [censored] Control license because it allowed for more remote connections and I didn't need to rely on a third-parties infrastructure for my own personal/home/homelab remote access.

Having the ability to use forward/back buttons on a mouse as they would work natively on remove PCs seems like a fairly common feature. I use those buttons all the time in my day-to-day use of a PC.
May 19, 2021 5:10:23 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on the extra mouse buttons support yet, however, the feature is already added to our roadmap and will be definitely implemented in one of our future updates. We will do our best to make it available as soon as possible. Sorry for keeping you waiting!

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Kenneth Rosenstroem, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 19, 2022 3:13:24 pm EDT
So one and a half years later, has the problem been resolved? Would like to know before purchasing.
Oct 19, 2022 6:15:39 pm EDT
Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for your message.

We do have this feature in our roadmap, but unfortunately, it's not implemented yet. However, we will definitely add it in our future updates. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)