New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

licence key error when trying to access PC's. "you can not register the program with this license key. try again after a few days"

yakov hanimov, User (Posts: 6)
Apr 28, 2014 3:16:50 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi.
i am an IT guy for a few companies. one of my client is working from home, and get this error massage when trying to connect to several of the computers, when he tries to connect the licencee windows pop up, he chooses the licence from the scroll down menu, then this massage appears -you can not register the program with this license key. try again after a few days-.
i will nose several things: the user is working from home with his wife, each on his own computer and they both connect to all 9 computers during the day
licence is free licence.

y do i need to wait a few days for the licence and how can i resolve this without having to wait?

thx.
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Apr 28, 2014 4:32:14 am EDT
Hello, Yakov.

Thank you for your message.

Looks like these Hosts were unregistered. You can not re-register Host with the same license key for 7 days after unregistering. This is done for preventing the abuse.
Apr 28, 2014 6:01:01 am EDT
does the register works per pc? if i have 2 pc's with the same 9 remote connection on them both, i register all 9 connections from each computer?
Apr 28, 2014 7:25:48 am EDT
Free license works per Remote pc (per Host). If you have 9 remote pc's with Host and 2 local with Viewer, you should just register all Hosts with one license and add this license in a key storage on both Viewers. But if you want to control 2 more Hosts, then you need to unregister one of the "old" Hosts. And you will not be able to register it back with the same license key for 7 days after unregistering.
Apr 28, 2014 8:24:31 am EDT
thx for your help, i never registered any computer, but i did re-registered all computers on both hosts, what i did was configure everything in one computer then exported the connections to the other computer, i don't remember if i exported them before or after i registered them,
how do i use a key storage? is there any documentation on that?

thanks a lot for the help
Apr 28, 2014 10:20:12 am EDT
You should register only Hosts (remote computers). Viewers (local computers) are not registered at all. You just store your license keys in Viewer. If you go for Help>License Key Storage in your Viewer, you should see your Free license key. And if your Right-click on a connection thumbnail and choose "Register remote host" on the shortcut menu, select yor key and click OK, you will register this Host with your Free license key.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)