Community

New Pro Alert

Links used in this discussion
Mike G, User (Posts: 47)
Nov 30, 2023 2:19:59 pm EST
Hi Conrad,
When does this message pop up with the pro licence, at custom MSI install? with host simple update or remote install? or every time we connect to a client host? I don't mind the message, I just need to warn customers if they are going to see it.

Also does this affect the Agent as well?

Thanks, Mike
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 30, 2023 2:33:18 pm EST

When does this message pop up with the pro licence, at custom MSI install? with host simple update or remote install? or every time we connect to a client host? I don't mind the message, I just need to warn customers if they are going to see it.

Also does this affect the Agent as well?

Hello Mike,

I'll be using the terminology from this page:

If the requirements for temporary alert  are met, Host will show the alert to the remost user. If the connection is established from a Viewer registered with a Pro license, the alert has a timeout and a button.

Now the alert will go away forever for this given Host if either of the requirements are met:

- The remote user clicked on the button
- 10 minutes have elapsed.

It should be noted that if the remote PC has been restarted before the time on the button rans out, the next time it will be all over again. Technically speaking, the flag is set only if the alert is 'handled' explicitly (i.e. via a timeout or by clicking  the button).

Once this happens, the alert is never shown again on the same computer unless you wipe the Host settings, that is.

Hope that helps.
Mike G, User (Posts: 47)
Nov 30, 2023 4:39:52 pm EST
Ahh, it's clear now. Thanks for your continued help Conrad!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 30, 2023 4:40:57 pm EST

Mike G wrote:

Ahh, it's clear now. Thanks for your continued help Conrad!

You are welcome! Have a great weekend ahead.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)