New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

PRO License restrictions.

Links used in this discussion
Константин Братулин, User (Posts: 5)
Mar 27, 2024 3:48:13 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Will after purchasing a 1 license, other operators, within the same network, can continue to connect to hosts using a free license?
Is it possible to use a PRO license for several operators simultaneously or one at a time?
Are there any restrictions on updates to future versions?
Thanks.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 29, 2024 9:31:10 am EDT
Hello Konstantin,

Thank you for your message.

Will after purchasing a 1 license, other operators, within the same network, can continue to connect to hosts using a free license?

Unfortunately, having multiple free licenses per organization would violate our EULA. If you don't have that many users who need a Pro license , you may consider buying a Starter license for them (or one multi-user Starter license, e.g. 5-tech Starter). Yes, they will be able to connect to the same computes if they know access credentials.

Is it possible to use a PRO license for several operators simultaneously or one at a time?

This depends on the number of concurrent techs for the license. If it is a 1-tech Pro license, only one user can work with it simultaneously. The 2-tech Pro license will allow 2 concurrent techs, and so forth.

Are there any restrictions on updates to future versions?

Our updates and upgrades are strictly in accordance with our upgrade policy.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.
Apr 02, 2024 9:38:10 am EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

you may consider buying a Starter license

OK. And with this license I can connect to all PCs in my organization, but simultaneously only to 20, right?

Conrad Sallian wrote:

If it is a 1-tech Pro license, only one user can work with it simultaneously

But how do I technically make it so that in my absence another tech can connect with my license?
Apr 02, 2024 11:20:29 am EDT
Hello,

OK. And with this license I can connect to all PCs in my organization, but simultaneously only to 20, right?

Yes, you can. Strictly speaking, there's no limit to one-to-many simultaneous connections in the program per se. It's a cap set by the license, in this case - Starter (20 address book items max).

But how do I technically make it so that in my absence another tech can connect with my license?

You both register your Viewers with the same license key. If it's 1-tech Starter license you are after, only one person can work with the Viewer at a given moment. I.e. there's no limitation on how many Viewer copies you can register with your key, it's a limitation per concurrent use.

If it's a 2-tech license, two users can work simultaneously, and so on.
Apr 03, 2024 3:38:12 am EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

2-tech license

Do you mean that I don't have to buy 2 Started licenses for two techs, but instead I buy one Started license that includes the ability to connect for two techs?
Apr 04, 2024 2:45:42 am EDT

Константин Братулин wrote:

Do you mean that I don't have to buy 2 Started licenses for two techs, but instead I buy one Started license that includes the ability to connect for two techs?

The number of 'techs' that you buy for a license determines the alllowed number of concurrently working Viewers. For example, you have two techs each working from their own workstations, and they need to work simultaneously. For this scenario you need a 2-tech license (Starter if you need to control up to 20 machines, Mini for 50 machines and Pro for unlimited).

If there's just one tech OR multiple techs who don't work simultaneously, a 1-tech license will suffice. It can be shared between techs.

Please, not that a 'license' is not the same as the 'license key'. For example, if you order a 2-tech license you receive one license key which is good for 2 techs. Each tech will use this same license key.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)