New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

If I purchase an Enterprise Licence Do I get Quick Connect ?

Links used in this discussion
L George, User (Posts: 4)
Jul 14, 2012 6:55:47 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

If I purchase an Enterprise Licence, do I get use Quick Connect as part of the Enterprise Licence, or do I only get Quick Connect for a 30 day period ?

Why don't you display the Helpdesk Licence and the difference between the Helpdesk and Enterprise Licences, and the price of the Helpdesk Licence ?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 14, 2012 7:01:58 am EDT
Hi L,

Thanks for your questions.

If I purchase an Enterprise Licence, do I get use Quick Connect as part of the Enterprise Licence, or do I only get Quick Connect for a 30 day period ?

Yes, you can use Quick Connect with Enterprise license.

Why don't you display the Helpdesk Licence and the difference between the Helpdesk and Enterprise Licences, and the price of the Helpdesk Licence ?

Helpdesk will get back soon (in 2-3 weeks), refreshed and revamped, and I promise you'll like it. Watch our news and stay tuned
Jul 14, 2012 7:08:36 am EDT
Hi Conrad,

That's strange as I have been told that to use the Quick Connect to support my customers i would have to purchase the Helpdesk Licence as the Enterprise Licence has the Quick Connect but can only be used for a period of 30 days.

I now think I am been given the wrong information so i would purchase the helpdesk Licence.

Would I be right in saying then if I have two technicians I would then need to purchase two Enterprice Licences then ?

Leslie.
Jul 14, 2012 7:13:49 am EDT
Hi L,

Enterprise and Helpdesk are two different licensing models. With Enterprise the price is per remote PC whereas with Helpdesk the price is per concurrent session (and the number of remote PCs is unlimited, no matter Quick Connects or installable hosts).

Comparing Enterprise to Helpdesk is comparing apples to oranges. They are different not only in price but in the model they use.

As I said, we are planning to re-launch our Helpdesk offering soon. It will take no more than two weeks or so.
Jul 14, 2012 7:16:51 am EDT
Hi Conrad,

When you say Remote PC is this the customers PC or the PC in our office used by our Technicians ?

What is the price of the Helpdesk Licecne ?

Regards,

Leslie.
Jul 14, 2012 7:20:14 am EDT
Hi Leslie,

Remote PC is the customer's PC. As for a technician's PC, we usually call it the 'local PC' across our documents and on the site.

I cannot disclose the price here on the forum yet. Please, contact our sales for more information.

Thanks!
Leslie George, User (Posts: 4)
Jul 14, 2012 7:23:37 am EDT
Hi Conrad,

Does this mean I would need a Enterprise Licence for each of my customer to enable me to only use the Quick Connect ?

Leslie.
Jul 14, 2012 7:33:01 am EDT

Does this mean I would need a Enterprise Licence for each of my customer to enable me to only use the Quick Connect ?

Yes. But the Enterprise license is not meant to be used for helpdesk. This type of a license is for managing PCs in Windows domain networks, when there are hundreds or thousands of attended and unattended PCs and servers (and hence - huge volume discounts). We even offer a site license for those companies that want to cover their entire network and not bother counting how many licenses they've already used up.

What you probably need is a Helpdesk license. With the Helpdesk license you'll be able to install an unlimited number of Host modules and run unlimited
number of Quick Connect modules. There are only two limitations:

- Number of concurrent sessions your license permits. If you purchase 1 Helpdesk license, only one technician will be able to work with it at a time. But they can work in shifts with the same license, of course. You can also install the license on as many Viewer PCs as you need - it doesn't matter so long as our server knows when a session is established.

- Internet connection only. Unlike the Enterprise license, the Helpdesk license limits your connection type to Internet ID only. I.e. you won't be able to connect directly by an IP address with your Helpdesk license. But that's something helpdesks rarely use anyway, because their support sessions are conducted primarily via the Internet.

Hope that helps.
Aug 03, 2012 5:14:40 am EDT
UPDATE: Remote Utilities uses two license models: per-operator and per-remote-PC. The license calculator is available here https://www.remoteutilities.com/buy/
nikkil, User (Posts: 46)
Dec 09, 2012 11:48:21 am EST
Thanks for this. It would also be nice if there is a bulk discount for bundled purchase.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)