Community

Remote Utilities Server - self-hosted server - Licensing

Martin Grant, User (Posts: 7)
Feb 15, 2015 9:11:33 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
Do i need to register for a license when using self-hosted server - Remote Utilities Server?
I have been running the Remote Utilities Server and all 15 client PCs are configured to use the Remote Utilities Server, this has been working brilliantly but today when i open the viewer on my pc to connect to any of the client PCS i get the following pop up box.

Register Remote Host
to obtain your license key, please visit our web site www,remoteutilities.com
sel ect the license key fr om the license key storage
enter license key
unregister.

I have checked and can confirm all client PCs are configured to connect through my own self-hosted server - Remote Utilities Server in internet-ID Server configuration

all client PC installations were done using the same executable built using the MSI Configuration which points to my own self-hosted server
Edited:Martin Grant - Feb 15, 2015 9:17:39 am EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Feb 15, 2015 3:06:53 pm EST
Hello Martin,

No, you do not have to register RUS. It's a free program and the licensing costs are not affected by whether you use the RUS or not.

The message you received means that you need to register the remote Host, i.e the software itself. In the upcoming 6.1 update though we will remove Host registration - i.e. the Host will become a "free floating" module. Instead, you will only have to register the Viewer, which is more intuitive for users.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Martin Grant, User (Posts: 7)
Feb 16, 2015 5:17:26 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
thank you Conrad, that makes sense to me now

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)