I have a question about license usage.

As an example:
I have three company, each company has about 17 PCs
that I monitory remotely.
Can I now buy any company a license (Type: STARTER ) but then
use these three licenses (3x STARTER) in one (my) admin module at
the same time (3x 20 = 60)?

Asked differently,
a STARTER License contains 20 endpoints in one admin module.
1.) If I buy 3 STARTER Licenses, do I have 60 endpoints in one (my) admin module at the same time?
2.) Are there differences (1x STARTER vs. 3x STARTER (= 60 endpoints per one admin module))
between using your public IP-Server and a self-hosted IP-Server (and one or three self-hosted IP-Server)?

Thank you for your service,
Uwe
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 02, 2019 7:01:34 am EDT
Hello, Uwe

Thank you for your message.

Actually, the licensing works a bit differently. What Starter license means is  that an admin with a Starter license applied in the Viewer can control up to 20 remote computers. Adding another Starter license to the Viewer won't increase this number. In order to increase it you need to upgrade to the next licensing type which is Mini (up to 50 computers) or Pro (unlimited).

If I buy 3 STARTER Licenses, do I have 60 endpoints in one (my) admin module at the same time?

In order to control 60 endpoints (50+ to be more exact) you need a Pro license.

Are there differences (1x STARTER vs. 3x STARTER (= 60 endpoints per one admin module))
between using your public IP-Server and a self-hosted IP-Server (and one or three self-hosted IP-Server)?

Both public and self-hosted server options are available with any license and don't affect the price.

Let me know if you have other questions.

P.S. In future updates we will remove the ability to add multiple licenses to the License key storage to avoid possible confusion.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)