Community

Free License not adding

Marlin Snyder, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 27, 2019 4:22:55 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am using Viewer 6.10.5.0.  It shows License Unregistered 30-day trial (31 days left).  I initially installed the 30 day trial, but realized my error, uninstalled it, and reinstalled with the Free License option.  I have tried to obtain and add the Free License but it does not do anything, nothing shows up in the Storage area.  I tried both from within the program and using the Web Generator, neither are working.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marlin Snyder
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 28, 2019 2:51:44 pm EDT
Hello Marlin,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you don't receive an email with a free license key? Or if you do receive the email and nothing happens when you try to register the key in the License Key Storage?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jonathan Turcotte, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 09, 2019 9:01:06 am EDT
Hello,  
I have the same problem.  I had a free license viewer installed on one of my computer and yesterday, it came back to the trial version.  We try to add the key back in the License Key Storage section.  When we paste de key and click on add, the license doesn't show  in the upper section.  Also, all the settings are no longer saved so if we closed the viewer, it lost all his setting when we open it again.

Thank you for your help.

Jonathan
Aug 09, 2019 12:06:06 pm EDT
Hello Jonathan,

Perhaps, the Viewer configuration file was somehow corrupted by some antivirus or firewall software after the installation.

Please, try the following:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your address books won't be affected by this action.
4. Run the Viewer and try registering it with your license key again.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Jonathan Turcotte, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 09, 2019 12:16:28 pm EDT
Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me so fast.  I did exatly that solution and it worked perfectly.

Thank you again and have a nice day.

Jonathan
Aug 09, 2019 1:59:42 pm EDT
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you. I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

Please do not hesitate to post another message if you have more questions.
Michell Henrique, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 13, 2019 2:33:43 pm EDT
Ola, Bom dia!
Solicito o e-mail de licença gratuita porém não recebo o mesmo, gostaria de uma ajuda.
Usuário: Michell
e-mail: suporte.ti@casu.com.br
Obrigado.
Aug 13, 2019 5:35:39 pm EDT
Hello Michell,

We checked your email and the license key was successfully sent to the email address. Please double check that the email is not in your spam folder.

Let me know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)