New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Cannot enter text of license key into License Key Storage window

Links used in this discussion
Jake Rosen, User (Posts: 3)
Sep 09, 2019 3:35:03 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I received the Free License Key via email. I copied this to Windows Wordpad (I am using Windows 7). I try to paste file copied from Wordpad into the License Key Storage window of my Viewer ( Version 6.10.10.0) , but the window does not allow the cursor to enter, and so doesn't allow anything to be pasted. I deleted the config_4.xml file, exited Viewer and tried again. Same result. Is there a workaround, for example can I paste the key, using regedit, in whatever is the correct Registry file?

Thanks for any help.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 09, 2019 5:21:42 pm EDT
Hello Jake,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please clarify if there's any other license key already added to your License Key Storage? If there's no other license key in the storage, could you please record a short video where the issue can be seen and send it to support@remoteutilities.com?

Looking forward to your reply.
Sep 09, 2019 11:02:39 pm EDT
Sent reply, with requested file, to support@remoteutilities.com.
Sep 10, 2019 10:22:00 am EDT
Hello Jake,

Thank you for the provided video.

I'll forward the issue to our developers to see what can be done to fix it.

I'll get back to you with their reply soon.
Sep 10, 2019 5:40:26 pm EDT
I have solved the problem, or at least the problem is solved. Maybe I had nothing to do with solving it. But call off the developers. I tried again today, and today I was able to register. I don't think I did anything different, so maybe my computer was on vacation. On the other hand, maybe I did do something different.

I will say that it is not intuitive which box one should try to paste into, the large upper one or the small lower one. Once a key is pasted, it is clear where to enter data. But for the first entry it could be labeled "enter code here."
Sep 11, 2019 9:15:13 am EDT
Hello Jake,

I'm glad to hear you have figured out the issue!

I will say that it is not intuitive which box one should try to paste into, the large upper one or the small lower one. Once a key is pasted, it is clear where to enter data. But for the first entry it could be labeled "enter code here."

I'm sorry to hear this, but it's clarified in this guide on registering Remote Utilities.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)