New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

License to manage companies and technicians

Giovanni Salvatore Pagotto, User (Posts: 8)
Apr 16, 2020 11:50:23 am EDT
Hi, my name is Giovanni Pagotto and I am a network and system administrator of 33 companies including schools, public administrations and companies.
I have to activate smart working for employees.
Whereas I will use a self-hosted server for managing endpoints and users.
I would like to give each employee access credentials stored in the RU Server to associate with and show only the address book of the PCs to which they can have access.
I would like to give some employees, internal managers of the network, access to an address book with all the PCs they can support.
And finally 3 technicians who can control all the PCs of all employees.
I would like to register the license to a single company that deals with the maintenance of all PCs on my behalf.
Would you recommend the type of license?

As far as distance learning is concerned, is it possible to use your software?

Sorry for my english

Giovanni Pagotto
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Apr 16, 2020 4:14:30 pm EDT
Hello Giovanni,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to give each employee access credentials stored in the RU Server to associate with and show only the address book of the PCs to which they can have access.

Here we would recommend that you extensively use groups rather than specific accounts, especially for setting access permissions. Using groups will allow you to quickly change a person's permissions set by moving them from one group to another (or simply deleting them from their group altogether if they leave the company/organization).

I would like to register the license to a single company that deals with the maintenance of all PCs on my behalf.
Would you recommend the type of license?

You may consider our SITE license. This is an all-unlimited license issued for an organization (in this case you'll be that organization).

As far as distance learning is concerned, is it possible to use your software?

To some extent, yes. But truth be told, Remote Utilities is first and foremost software for remote access and administration, rather than for distant learning. There are more specialized tools for that purpose.  

Let me know if you have any questions.
Giovanni Salvatore Pagotto, User (Posts: 8)
Apr 17, 2020 3:22:06 am EDT
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately the site price is too high for now.
If we activate 10 endpoint licenses to a company and then ask us for other endpoints, can we add them to the already activated license?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Apr 17, 2020 9:35:52 am EDT
Hi Giovanni ,

Yes, of course. You can always purchase additional licenses.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)