New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

new round of anti-malware blocking RU

Tom Cantlon, User (Posts: 8)
Oct 19, 2023 1:47:10 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
RU on many of my clients' systems is getting blocked by both Malwarebytes and BitDefender. This is a new round of this that started this week. Blocked multiple ways. On some the call out from host to server is blocked as being a suspicious or unsafe site. On others the update program is quarantined. I was looking into putting exceptions in all the anti-malware but I was also making sure all clients were up to date. I started "simple update" on a remote system and bitdefender killed the temp file that does the update. Of course I can't make exceptions for every temp case because the paths and files are often random names. I can't fix this from my end. RU has to get these companies to delist them, quick. I literally lose ability to remote in so can't even address it one by one manually.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 19, 2023 2:46:12 pm EDT
Hello Tom,

Thank you for your report.

We understand your frustration and we are also concerned by the quality of modern antivirus software, which fails to do a simple task of distinguishing legitimate, digitally signed program from malware.

Of course I can't make exceptions for every temp case because the paths and files are often random names. I can't fix this from my end.

Neither can't we. It's the antivirus software vendor that can fix their errors (but they never acknowledge them). We do our best to alleivate this situation by sending false positive reports.  If you as their customer would send a false positive report and specifically mention that faulty operation of their software distrupts your work process, the issue would certainly be resolved faster.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)