New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Combofix issues

Roger Brehm, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 15, 2014 12:42:36 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I log into my pc at home and run cleaning on it while I am working, when I run ComboFix, it shuts off remote utility and when the pc is rebooted after it is done, the service no longer is running, and the system tray icon is no longer there. I try to restart the service and it won't, then I have to uninstall the software and re-install it & then it will work again. Is there a setting that will protect the remote utility software from being killed off?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 15, 2014 1:23:55 pm EST
Hello Roger,

Thank you for your message. I moved the topic to the antivirus related issues forum as it belongs here.

Does the program in question have any exceptions list where you could add the installation path of Remote Utilities to exclude it from malware scans?
Roger Brehm, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 29, 2014 4:28:12 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
doesn't have that option, you just start it up & it runs from command line (DOS)
Dec 29, 2014 6:42:16 pm EST
Hello Roger,

We have sent a false positive report to Combofix, although finding the actual contact information of the developer was a bit tricky. All we could find was combofixorg@yahoo.com email address but the site www.combofix.org says that the developer "didn't make" the site (perhaps, he/she is not the owner of the site). Incidentally, you might want to try to send them an email too.

Hopefully, we'll receive a response from the developer or at least more information about the developer and how to contact them.
Jan 02, 2015 6:00:34 am EST
Still no response from the Combobox developer. Apparently, they ignore other vendor's concerns.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)