Community

Problems with Agent

Darrell Haslam, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 26, 2017 7:03:43 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am carrying out some testing with your remote support software and generally find it to be a great product.

I have downloaded the latest version from your website (v6.8).

I have found that a number of AV products (e.g. Avast and  AVG) identify the exe filefor the host agent as a generic virus. I am sure this is a false-positive but is still something I would like to avoid if possible.

Is this something that you are aware of and is it something that is likely to be addresses in the near future ?

I am considering using your software to provide remote support for clients - (I understand your licence allows it to be used for commercial puposes free of charge up to 10 clients).

I suspect this will cause alarm bells with clients if their virus software reports the file to be a virus.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 26, 2017 7:15:40 am EDT
Hello Darrell,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, we understand the problem. We have dedicated personnel that deals with false positives and regularly sends reports to a/v companies.

Currently, we are aware only of the AVG problem and we are already trying to contact them and resolve this issue. There haven't been reports about Avast and VirusTotal reports show that Avast detection is clean. Do you have any screenshots of Avast's detections?

P.S. I will move this topic to the Antivirus sub-forum.
Sep 26, 2017 7:28:19 am EDT
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have included a screen dump from Avast Anti-virus. I have also seen similar alersts on a number of free AV products.
Attached Files
Problems with Agent
Sep 26, 2017 7:32:09 am EDT

I have included a screen dump from Avast Anti-virus. I have also seen similar alersts on a number of free AV products.

Thank you, Darrell. We'll contact them immediately.

I have also seen similar alersts on a number of free AV products.

No surprise, as they often borrow virus definitions from each other. :)
Sep 26, 2017 8:09:32 am EDT
Hi Darrell,

Sorry, didn't understand the first time. It looks like the vanilla Agent file is ok, and it's a custom  Agent file (even a digitally signed one) which is falsely detected by AVG and Avast.

Ok, anyway we'll deal with this.
Sep 26, 2017 8:22:15 am EDT
Many thanks.
Josh M, Support (Posts: 11)
Sep 27, 2017 12:27:47 pm EDT
Hello Darrell,

This is Josh from Tech Support. We've identified the root cause of the issue you reported and are now working closely with several anti-virus vendors in removing their false positives on RU. At the present moment if you still encounter the issue again when using or downloading the files from our website, feel free to notify us.
Edited:Josh M - Sep 27, 2017 12:28:09 pm EDT

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)