Community

All connections are offline (WatchGuard blocking RU servers)

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 04, 2019 5:43:01 pm EDT
Hi Linda,

With that service - yes. But perhaps not with Remote Utilities, if you still cannot connect without whitelisting our server addresses manually first.

Unfortunately, we do not have direct control over WatchGuard detections. We are in the same boat as you - all we can do is contact them and ask to remove the false positive detection.
Jorge Gárate, User (Posts: 17)
Apr 05, 2019 6:25:16 pm EDT
I still can not use the Remote Utilities software or open the page https://www.remoteutilities.com, the firewall blocks everything about Remote Utilities.
Apr 05, 2019 6:38:24 pm EDT
Hello Jorge,

Thank you for your message.

Did you try contacting the firewall manufacturer?
Apr 05, 2019 6:41:39 pm EDT
Yes, but you can not ask them why they were totally blocked? ... so that it does not happen again
Apr 06, 2019 3:52:59 am EDT
Hello Jorge,

Yes, but you can not ask them why they were totally blocked? ... so that it does not happen again

If only they would even respond to our messages. They never bothered to answer to our direct twitter messages, and their technical support is only available after you log in as their customer.  We called them on the phone and asked for a contact person with whom we could figure out how to resolve the issue but the call was forwarded to an automated voice response system and was never answered by technical support.

Why should we care about WatchGuard customers more than WatchGuard does? We are eager to help you - you can see that we respond almost immediately. But there is little we can do if some third party "security" company decides to block our software all of a sudden. We could ask for a reasons for such blocking if other firewall manufacturers did as well, but this is obviously not the case.
Apr 06, 2019 11:42:25 am EDT
Also messages from Tweets to Watchguard and now it is solved. Thank you.
Apr 07, 2019 5:47:16 am EDT
Hi Jorge,

That is good news. Thank you for the update. We'll be looking forward to a confirmation from other participants in this thread.
Linda Lederer, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 08, 2019 9:46:54 am EDT
Agreed it does appear to be solved and I totally understand Remote Utilities frustration - this was not related to their company at all but at first one might think so - tell me exactly what to whitelist for my watchguard botnet detection and I will do so just in case a random thing like this happens again.  I did try whitelisting id.remoteutilities.com but wasn't sure if anything else needed to also be whitelisted.  Thanks for all your help - I'm sorry if I was frustrated with Remote Utilities!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 08, 2019 10:07:34 am EDT
Hello Linda,

Thank you.

You need to whitelist the domain with a mask
*.remoteutilities.com
. This will whitelist our website https://www.remoteutilities.com and addresses of our Internet-ID servers.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Linda Lederer, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 08, 2019 10:16:49 am EDT
Perfect, I will do that! Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)