Community

iOS Disconnecting

Victor Tschetter, User (Posts: 19)
Oct 02, 2021 4:25:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have all the latest versions installed of host and viewer on multiple devices.
I am running into problems where the iOS app will disconnect, and jump to Home Screen while connected. It does not look like a full disconnect because when I press the entry again it gives me the blank screen with the keyboard option.
After a few tries it will completely disconnect and I will have to reconnect to the host.

This only happens on the iPhone app and not on windows viewer or any other viewer.

I am using latest version of Remote Utilities on iOS.
Oct 02, 2021 4:28:03 pm EDT
On the host it will still show the iPhone as connected, even though on the iPhone side it will appear to be disconnected.

It’s almost as if the iPhone tries to reestablish the connection but doesn’t recognize it or something. Because the host still shows it as connected.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 04, 2021 1:38:30 pm EDT
Hello Victor,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please also let us know your iOS version? You can find it in the Settings menu -> General -> About section.
In addition, could you please let us know if you've already tried reinstalling the mobile Viewer app or restarting your iPhone? If you haven't tried these steps yet then could you please try reinstalling the Viewer app and then restarting your device and let us know if the issue still persists after doing so?

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 04, 2021 2:04:13 pm EDT
iOS 15.0.1

I have tried all those steps multiple times.
Oct 04, 2021 5:24:16 pm EDT
Hello Victor,

Thank you for the clarification.

We will try to reproduce the issue in our environment to see if we can implement a quick fix for it.
Meanwhile could you please provide us the Error log entries from your mobile Viewer? You can locate the Error log by clicking the burger menu in the upper left corner, then selecting Settings -> Error log. You can send us the log to support@remoteutilities.com for examination.

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 04, 2021 10:10:05 pm EDT
Done.
Oct 04, 2021 10:35:27 pm EDT
Just tested on an android. Samsung Galaxy S7, same result. Kicks me off every 2-3 minutes.

Seems to be a mobile issue…
Oct 05, 2021 10:28:21 am EDT
Hello Victor,

Thank you for providing us the log files.

I will forward the issue along with the logs to our development department and will ask for their input on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Oct 07, 2021 4:56:47 pm EDT
Hello Victor,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the issue with our developers - they were able to reproduce the issue. We will implement a fix for it and will release an updated version of mobile Viewer with a fix within a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Oct 07, 2021 4:59:27 pm EDT
It looks like it is resolved in the latest update.

Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)