New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

iphone screen display problem

Les, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 12, 2015 6:23:51 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi... I'm sure I was able to do this a few months ago.  But now, I "connect" from my iphone, and I only get a black screen.  I can get the keyboard by tapping the keyboard icon, and the settings.  But my desktop does not show up in the remote utilities app.  Only a black screen.  Can you tell me what I'm missing.

Desktop is a Dell Optiples 3010, Win 7 Pro, display resolution 1920 x 1080.  I checked the logs on the desktop and iphone, and desktop says access granted, and iphone says connection successful.

Thanks...
Edited:Les - Jan 12, 2015 6:24:26 pm EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 12, 2015 6:39:20 pm EST
Hello Les,

Did you upgrade mobile Viewer and/or the remote Host? I.e. is it after the upgrade that this behavior occurs?

If you upgraded remote Host to the latest version (6.0.0.4 as of Jan 13, 2015) I recommend you restarting the remote PC. Also, please check if you have the latest iOS client installed.

Hope that helps.
Jan 12, 2015 7:05:23 pm EST
Conrad, thank you very much for your quick reply.  I deleted and re-installed the iphone app to version 11.3 before posting.  However, I'm using the host version 5.6.0.6.  Other forum posts referenced version 5.6 as the most current, so I didn't think to check for a newer version.  I'll try that.
Jan 12, 2015 7:32:36 pm EST
Conrad... I downloaded and installed host version 6.0.0.4.  Rebooted host computer.  Same issue... black screen on iphone.  Keyboard icon on lower left corner is visible, and tapping on it brings up the keyboard.  Checked that iphone version is 11.3.  Any other ideas?  Thanks again...
Jan 13, 2015 6:15:41 am EST
Hi Les,

It looks like the graphics card issue on the Host side. Try to upgrade your graphics card drivers, it may help.

Another question - do you only have issues with the mobile Viewer? Does the desktop Viewer work ok when you connect to that same remote PC?
Jan 13, 2015 2:02:44 pm EST
Conrad... it works on my iphone now.  Steps I took...

1. Since you mentioned the graphics card on my computer, I turned off the screensaver and set the "turn off display" from 45 minutes to "never". Reboot my computer. The iphone still had a black screen. Left my computer display settings as is.

2. Installed the desktop viewer on another computer.  Remote Utilities worked as expected.

3. Went back to iphone... still black screen.  But this time I waited a few seconds (15 to 20 seconds or so), and the host desktop showed up on the iphone.

4. Set "turn off display" back to 45 minutes.  Reboot my computer. The iphone worked, after waiting a few seconds.

5. Turned on screensaver.  Reboot my computer.  The iphone worked, after waiting a few seconds.

Looks like I didn't wait long enough when I tried to get remote access from the iphone... even thought it seemed like "long enough" when I tried and got the black screen. All is well.

Thank you very much for your time and support.
Jan 13, 2015 5:01:11 pm EST
Hello Les,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. It's true that the mobile Viewer generally requires a bit more time to render the screen than the desktop one.  

Thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)