New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

ios 9.0 and remote utilities - not working

mike pas, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 17, 2015 8:24:34 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I upgraded my iphone 5 to ios 9.0 last night. Now when I go to open remote utilities, I see the splash screen, then it crashes. I don't get to see the options screen where I can connect to the server.

Any ideas? Do you need to release an updated app for ios 9.0?
Thanks
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 17, 2015 5:26:37 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Yes, we managed to reproduce/confirm the issue. We are working on the update and it will be available soon.

Thanks.
Alex DiStefano, User (Posts: 3)
Sep 30, 2015 8:43:49 am EDT
Hi, you may already know this, but anyway...

I updated iPad with the latest version of RU that you released yesterday and it still doesn't work with ios 9. It gets further than it did in the previous version in that the app starts and you can log onto the remote PC. However, the screen on the remote PC seems to have frozen and any sort of action, such as CTRL-ALT-DEL, crashes out back to the main start screen.

regards,
Alex
Sep 30, 2015 12:47:00 pm EDT
Hello Alex,

Yes, there was a small bug we overlooked. We've just updated the app and are currently waiting for Apple to approve it.  

Thank you anyway.
Melvyn Burchell, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 05, 2015 8:38:23 am EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:
Yes, there was a small bug we overlooked.

The 'small bug' is also rendering RU useless on my iPad (8.1.3) since Sept 29th update...
Really wish there was the facility to 'roll back'!

Looking forward to the fixed update!

Melvynb
Oct 05, 2015 5:05:04 pm EDT
Hello Melvyn,

Just now Apple approved our next update, it's working. Please, check your AppStore app -> Updates section, the new update should appear there.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)