Community

IOS client name on screen

Chas Large, User (Posts: 16)
Jun 22, 2018 12:59:37 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have one pc with the host settings set to display the connections in a box on the bottom RH corner. Whilst this is great and it displays the machine type connected and its IP address. It would be good if instead of the machine type it used the machine name.

For example, when I connect to the host with my laptop, it displays "Laptop" and with my iPad it displays "iPad". If it displayed the name given in the settings like the Username or the machine name like "Chas's iPad" this would help in identifying the user.

Is it possible to set this display either in the Host settings or in the iOS version?

If this sounds more like a feature request, please move it to the appropriate board.

Thanks
Chas
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Jun 25, 2018 8:30:22 am EDT
Hello Chas,

Thank you for your post.

For example, when I connect to the host with my laptop, it displays "Laptop" and with my iPad it displays "iPad". If it displayed the name given in the settings like the Username or the machine name like "Chas's iPad" this would help in identifying the user.

Do you mean the ability to specify a custom name what to display in the notification panel when you are being connected. If so, this suggestion has already been on our wishlist. We will implement it together with other important changes to the notification panel later this year (there are plans on how to improve the whole thing).

Thanks!
Alex Coombs, User (Posts: 15)
Jun 26, 2018 3:48:40 pm EDT
Hi Conrad,

I believe he means the hostname/fqdn.
For example my iPad's hostname is "Alex's-iPad" and my Laptop's hostname is "Alex-PC".

I know that you are improving the iOS Client, so this would be good to add to the list, other than a "custom" name.

Thanks,
Alex
Edited:Alex Coombs - Jun 26, 2018 3:49:26 pm EDT
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Jun 27, 2018 4:09:48 am EDT
Hi Alex,

Yes, perhaps. However, this issue is related to notification panel and Host rather than to iOS or another client. This suggestion has been added to our wishlist for the future notification panel (which we'll be significantly revamping soon).

Thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)