New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Problems with right mouse click

Links used in this discussion
Jim Cain, User (Posts: 4)
Dec 28, 2015 11:09:31 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
It is common for me to need to copy and paste and item in Word or other Windows applications. I can use the IOS finger options to highlight the text via drag but when you tap and hold for the right mouse click option, the pop up screen opens and then closes right away not giving enough time to actually copy the highlighted text.

I also use  [censored] and [censored] and they seem to have developed a little better regarding this issue. [censored] has a small mouse button you can touch to toggle between left and right mouse clicks. [censored] uses a similar tap/hold system as yours but if you hover the pointer close to the highlighted text and then tap/hold, the right mouse pop up opens and stays open so you can move the pointer and sel ect an option fr om the box.

Anybody else have this issue or possibly a technique to be able to copy and paste?  (I tried CRTL C then CTRL V. No luck either)

Thanks
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 29, 2015 11:00:00 am EST
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your message.

Just tried to use this gesture on an iPhone 5s with iOS 9.2 installed, all works as it should. Here's the sequence:

1. Highlight the text that you want to copy.
2. Long tap on the text until the menu appears.

Let me know if that works out for you. If it doesn't , then please let me know what OS and application is on the remote side (i.e. on the Host PC).
Dec 29, 2015 11:58:08 am EST
Thank you Conrad for the very quick reply.

I tried your method but it still did not work for me. Here is a link to a video showing you what I am experiencing: https://youtu.be/_qUwYLAGnCU

I am using an Iphone 6 with 9.2 iOS. I am connecting to both Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines at this point and using Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010.

Thank you again!
Dec 29, 2015 12:15:19 pm EST
Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to record this video. Is it possible that I connect to your PC and test it from our iOS devices here? We could test both iPhone and iPad.

If yes, please contact me using the email address support[at]remote-utilities.com and send connection credentials - ID and password.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 29, 2015 1:03:52 pm EST
Conrad,

Email sent. Can I get in idea of when you will be accessing my computer?

Thanks.
Dec 29, 2015 1:29:13 pm EST
Ok, I'm connecting.
Adrian Maillo, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 27, 2021 10:27:28 pm EDT
Six years later I’m having same issue with windows explorer when I try to edit and copy a file name.
Also in desktop.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 28, 2021 9:24:49 am EDT
Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your message.

Am I right in assuming that the issue occurs when you connect to a remote Host using both mobile and desktop Viewer? If this is the case, then could you please let us know what version of Host, mobile Viewer and desktop Viewer do you use and the respective devices/OSs of these devices, so that we could test this out and see if we can reproduce the issue?

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)