Community

Use mobile version (Android) to connect to a Custom RU ? Adress book ?

Links used in this discussion
Anousch Dabaghchian, User (Posts: 4)
Aug 24, 2018 4:45:23 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I want to know if we can connect a mobile version of RemoteUtilities to a custom RU ?
I see the option in the settings but i writed my ID, i can use it on my computer but not on my mobile.

What can i do ?

Thank you already per advance for your help.

Best regards,
Anousch
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 27, 2018 4:50:39 am EDT
Hello Anousch,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you should be able to connect to your self-hosted server on the mobile client. Access the properties for the selected connection and choose RU Server.
Aug 28, 2018 2:38:48 am EDT
Hi Conrad,

Yes, i see in the properties we can type the adress of the RU server but when i type it, i can't see the computers who's saved on my server.

How can i use it ?
Aug 28, 2018 11:17:26 am EDT
Hi Anousch ,

Could you attach a screenshot or two to explain your point? You can hide sensitive information/addresses on the screenshots before posting them.
Aug 29, 2018 5:01:51 am EDT
When i type the RU server adress, i don't have any place to login or do something like that. What i have to do to access to the computers who is registred on my RU sever ?
Attached Files
Use mobile version (Android) to connect to a Custom RU ? Adress book ? Use mobile version (Android) to connect to a Custom RU ? Adress book ?
Aug 29, 2018 10:28:56 am EDT
Hello Anousch ,

When i type the RU server adress, i don't have any place to login or do something like that.

In order to use the server in the relay role you do not have to log in/sign in on it. Simply specify your server address in connection properties and use the Internet-ID of the Host in order to connect.
Sep 11, 2018 11:01:53 am EDT
Ok, but can i have a list like of all my servers who's in my adress book of my custom RU ?
Sep 12, 2018 7:28:51 pm EDT
Hi Anousch,

Ok, but can i have a list like of all my servers who's in my adress book of my custom RU ?

Do you mean if you can separate in your address book which hosts connect through which server (public or self-hosted)?

Not in Android/iOS version yet, sorry. We are working on adding a full fledged address book to the mobile client though.

As for the desktop Viewer you should just switch to the Details view an look/sort using the Connection type column.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)