New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Android 9

Links used in this discussion
Steven Coleman, User (Posts: 21)
Jan 03, 2019 8:10:22 am EST
Support level: Starter
I have a Pixel 2 running Android version 9. On install the application prompts it may not be compatible with my version of Android. Are newer versions of Android supported?  

All my connections fail with a connection refused error. I use a RU server which is running the latest version 2.7.5.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 04, 2019 5:50:49 am EST
Hello Steven,

Thank you for the information. We will test it out and see if we can reproduce the issue and possibly add the necessary fixes to the mobile client.
Jan 05, 2019 5:21:38 am EST
Hello Steven,

Could you please try connecting via our public (default) server and see if connection works. Besides, it would help if you send us the connection logs. You can send them to support@remote-utilities.com.
Jan 06, 2019 5:04:13 pm EST
It works when using your connection server, but will not work when using my connection server. However my connection server works fine with the Windows clients just not with Android.
Jan 07, 2019 6:31:29 am EST
Hello Steven,

Thanks for the information. We'll examine the log and get back to you soon.
Jan 07, 2019 6:34:33 am EST
Steven,

Could you please double check that the port you use (5144) is added in server configuration settings as communication port?
Jan 07, 2019 6:47:02 am EST
And another question - did you enable the new PIN feature in the server settings?
Jan 07, 2019 8:01:04 am EST
Yes that's probably the issue since the Android client currently does not have that option. Forgot that I had it set on the server but it's a requirement for security purposes.

Hopefully the next version of the Android client comes out soon with this feature included.
Jan 08, 2019 1:06:17 pm EST
Hello Steven,

Unfortunately, the PIN feature isn't supported yet on the mobile client side. We will definitely include it in the update mobile client when it is released.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)