Community

doesnt work

Links used in this discussion
Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 50)
Jan 16, 2014 6:58:03 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I was looking forward to using this but its a huge let down. it doesn't work. all I get is host not found no matter I use ip address or host name. yeas all host and viewer software is the latest version. 5.6

I guess the wait continues.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 16, 2014 11:17:07 pm EST
Michael,

What is the type of connection: Direct or Internet ID? Can you connect successfully with the same type of connection to the same PC using the desktop Viewer?  
Gbtech, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 17, 2014 8:29:22 am EST

Hello Conrad,
i have the same problem... can`t find any Hosts with a direkt Connection (ip/Name, Android 4.2 and 4.4). Remote Connection with the Desktop Viewer to the same Host PC works!
best regards
gbtech

Jan 17, 2014 5:12:11 pm EST

Gbtech wrote:

Hello Conrad,
i have the same problem... can`t find any Hosts with a direkt Connection (ip/Name, Android 4.2 and 4.4). Remote Connection with the Desktop Viewer to the same Host PC works!
best regards
gbtech

Hi!

Just added a sticky thread "System requirements for Android". Please, check your device against the requirements. Thanks.
Jan 18, 2014 4:06:21 pm EST
Everyone who experienced "Host not found" issue, please update the app from the Play store. It should work now.

Make sure the app's main screen reads version v5.6.0.4m10.0 (or higher) at the top right corner.

Also, if you still experience difficulty connecting to the Host by an IP address, make sure you explicitly allow the Host in your desktop firewall settings.  
Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 50)
Jan 19, 2014 1:32:11 pm EST
I upgraded to the new version you referenced. it is working now, but I need to use IP address, when I use hostname I still get host not found .. but that's probably more of an android OS shortcoming I would think? not too familiar with android OS. but anyway it does work

good job. now I can control my pc from anywhere. thanks

Mike
Jan 19, 2014 2:09:31 pm EST

Michael Taylor wrote:
I upgraded to the new version you referenced. it is working now, but I need to use IP address, when I use hostname I still get host not found .. but that's probably more of an android OS shortcoming I would think? not too familiar with android OS. but anyway it does work

good job. now I can control my pc from anywhere. thanks

Mike

Our pace also depends on the development environment we use. Some bugs can only be fixed when they are fixed by the next update of the IDE. Still, we do our best to make the mobile version as workable as possible, although it's only the beginning. Hopefully, in the future it will become almost as powerful as the desktop Viewer.  
Timothy Watts, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 03, 2014 3:01:13 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:
Michael,

What is the type of connection: Direct or Internet ID? Can you connect successfully  with the same type of connection  to the  same PC  using the desktop Viewer?

I am Trying to work this as well i have a samsung Mega. It is the top of the line phone out now so it meets the min req. I can open the connection via Ip address as long as i am on the same network local ip address. but when i disconnect from the WIFI and try to connect to any of the 3 pc i have installed via ID  I CAN NOT CONNECT !!! any way to fix
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Apr 03, 2014 4:31:59 pm EDT
Hello, Timothy.

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we need to wait until the next mobile update is out, because currently there is no logging in the mobile Viewer which would help us to diagnose issues.
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Oct 27, 2014 9:59:26 am EDT
Michael and Timothy,

We are glad to inform you that the new version for mobile devices is now available!
Here you can read more about it.
Here you can find download links.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)