New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

RU Mobile v. 11.29.2 Crashes on Android 4.4.4

Links used in this discussion
RR B, User (Posts: 5)
Jan 17, 2020 3:25:31 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
After installing v. 11.29.2,  RU Mobile crashes with the errors shown in the attached screenshots.
I can start RU Mobile running, but when I enter a remote address and try to connect, I get either one of the two error messages followed by being returned to the Android OS home screen. I'm running Android 4.4.4 on a Motorola Droid Mini, and have not had any problems connecting with a remote session until now (I've been using it successfully for several years). Rebooting the phone and uninstalling/reinstalling RU Mobile does not help.
Attached Files
RU  Mobile v. 11.29.2 Crashes on Android 4.4.4 RU  Mobile v. 11.29.2 Crashes on Android 4.4.4
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2833)
Jan 17, 2020 4:36:58 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message and the provided details.

I have forwarded the issue to our developers and asked for their input. I'll get back to you soon with their reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
darren hall, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 03, 2020 9:55:00 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
i host my own server and have 2 license for enterprise and when i try to use the mobile viewer through it with the enable internet id based permission on it does not function  i need some help on configuration or guidance on how to fix thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2833)
Feb 03, 2020 3:49:33 pm EST
Hello Darren,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you're able to connect to the remote Host machine from the mobile Viewer if you have the Enable permission-based Internet-ID access feature disabled?
This feature allows you to restrict the use of the RU Server to specific accounts, i.e. you might create a user and allow them to use this server as an intermediary for an Internet-ID connection. However, the user must first sign-in on the server in his Viewer:
RU  Mobile v. 11.29.2 Crashes on Android 4.4.4 - 03 Feb 2020 03:22:43
Please note, that the Viewers that are not signed in on this server will be refused to use this server as an intermediary server for Internet-ID connection and, therefore, will not be able to establish a remote connection to Host.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to sign-in to the RU Server in the mobile Viewer yet. However, the improved mobile Viewer version is currently in development. We are going to significantly improve it by implementing a full-fledged address book that can be synced with the desktop Viewer.

In addition, if you're not able to connect to the remote Host from mobile Viewer even with the feature being disabled, please double-check if you have specified the custom server address in the connection properties. In order to open the connection properties on the mobile Viewer, please tap the three dots next to the connection address and then click on the information icon:
RU  Mobile v. 11.29.2 Crashes on Android 4.4.4 - 03 Feb 2020 03:35:20
You will be redirected to the connection properties section. Please select the RU Server section, toggle the Use custom ID server option and specify your custom server's address.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)