Community

External Exception C6 , 1 , 90

William Sherman, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 21, 2021 12:25:50 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello!  The only way I am able to connect to any of my PCs from my Samsung Galaxy S10e (Android 11) is if I set the default settings to one computer using RU's ID server (normally I use custom ID server).  If I try to change anything in the connection properties, even the name, I usually get External Exception C6, 1, or 90 errors.

When I don't get the External Exception errors, I am still unable to connect (except when setting default as above).  I run a custom ID server but I usually use direct connect with port forwarding using IP address. I've tried using IP, DNS, using custom ID server Internet-ID, and RU's ID server, using WiFi and cellular connection... all fail to connect.

I still love RU, of course. My computer connections work great! I love that I can create custom ID server and have stand-alone applications.

Thank you!
Attached Files
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 22, 2021 5:48:08 pm EDT
Hello William,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let me know if you use the latest version of mobile Viewer (for Android it's version 12.01)? I will forward the issue to our developers to see if we can reproduce it.

Looking forward to your reply.
William Sherman, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 22, 2021 7:22:38 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Thank you for your quick response.  I previous (and again just now) tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  The app is reporting "version: 7.0.0.1m12.01.1 x64"
Attached Files
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 23, 2021 11:29:11 am EDT
Hello William,

Thank you for your clarification.

I'll forward the issue to our developers to see if we can reproduce it and add a fix for it in our future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on the issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)