Community

Certains keys and key combinations not working in 6.10.2.0 for me

Trent, User (Posts: 56)
Dec 30, 2018 4:45:14 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello!  I recently updated my viewer and hosts to the newest 6.10.2.0 and have noticed that certain keys and key combinations are not working at all.

The most egregious is the enter key by itself.  When pressing the enter key within the address bar in web browsers after typing an address or the windows file explorer, nothing happens.  Expected behavior is the browser loads the entered web address or file explorer displays the desired folder.

When opening up Notepad++ and turning on the option to show all symbols, a clue is given.  It is interpreting the remote Enter key as a CR only and not CR/LF.

Other keys and key combinations that are not acting as expected:
Tab (to cycle between fields on a form... seems to work OK within a document)
Alt-Tab
WindowsKey-E
WindowKey-R
Ctrl-A
Ctrl-F
Ctrl-C
Ctrl-V
Ctrl-X
Ctrl-Z
Ctrl-W

Possibly related is the local keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-F12) to simulate a Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the remote end does not work anymore.  Clicking the "Send Ctrl-Alt-Delete" command from the pulldown still works.

I'll continue experimenting to see if I can figure out any magic combinations to making it work.

Let me know if you need any further information from me.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 30, 2018 5:32:58 pm EST
Hello Trent,

Thank you for the report. Yes, it's a known bug which was reported yesterday. We will release a quick fix (6.10.3.0) in a couple of days. Meanwhile, we'll be testing your reported key combinations as well.

Let us know if you find anything else.
Dec 30, 2018 9:32:19 pm EST
Fantastic!  Thanks, Conrad!  

Let me know if you post a beta version.  Happy to test it out for you if so!
Dec 31, 2018 12:37:34 am EST
Interestingly it appears that downgrading the Viewer is the best workaround for the moment.  The 6.9.4.0 Viewer appears to be forward compatible with 6.10.2.0 hosts (at least for basic remote control... I have not tested other functionality such as file transfer, chat, voice and video, etc).  

This is good news as it means I do not need to go through and downgrade all of my hosts.
Dec 31, 2018 5:40:16 am EST
Hello Trent,

Interestingly it appears that downgrading the Viewer is the best workaround for the moment. The 6.9.4.0 Viewer appears to be forward compatible with 6.10.2.0 hosts (at least for basic remote control... I have not tested other functionality such as file transfer, chat, voice and video, etc).

It is. Deep inside these two versions are much closer to each other than to 6.8.0.1.
Jan 02, 2019 11:51:03 am EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

We will release a quick fix (6.10.3.0) in a couple of days.

Just wanted to post an update on Conrad's behalf...  6.10.3.0 was released on 1/1/2019 and all is working as expected now.

Thanks again!
Jan 02, 2019 12:57:26 pm EST
Hi Trent,

That's great to hear. You are welcome!

Don't hesitate to post another message if you need assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)