New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Disable Advanced Setting in Agent

Links used in this discussion
Mahmoud Sheikhan, User (Posts: 1)
Jun 14, 2019 4:24:59 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi , I am interested to use Remote Utilities in our company and test before purchase . and I installed and i see in Agent we have Advanced Settings.. , How can i disable this item ? because i do not want my clients change settings there ! Internet ID and Password is enough for our users . is there any way to do that ?
Kindly waiting for your reply.
Regards
Mahmoud
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 17, 2019 2:56:48 pm EDT
Hello Mahmoud,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to disable Advanced settings for the Agent. However, you can protect Agent settings with a password. To do so, you need to configure a custom Agent using the MSI Configurator.
On step 4 of the configuration select Pre-configure - General and network settings, then click Finish:
Disable Advanced Setting in Agent - 17 Jun 2019 02:54:02
In the opened settings configuration window navigate to the tab General - Settings protection and set the password.
Disable Advanced Setting in Agent - 17 Jun 2019 02:54:23
At the end of the configuration process, the output file will download. Please note, that your custom Agent settings will apply anyway regardless of whether there are traces of a previously run Agent or not.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)