New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[agent6.10.exe] turn off Internet-ID by default

Links used in this discussion
Mao Mao, User (Posts: 4)
Mar 24, 2020 4:53:56 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
When agent6.10.exe starts. How to turn off Internet-ID by default.(I want to do this automatically)

I tried to check the registry. No relevant configuration information was found.What should I do?

Your software is really great !
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 24, 2020 6:31:27 pm EDT
Hello Mao,

Thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to turn off the Internet-ID code for Agent, including the custom Agent configured via the MSI Configurator tool. However, I will forward this feature to our developers for review so it can be included in our roadmap and, perhaps, implemented in our future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As a temporary workaround, you might disable the Internet-ID in the Agent's Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Dashboard tab -> Configure -> Advanced -> Turn Off. However, unfortunately, this has to be done manually for each Agent.
You might also consider using a custom-configured One-click installation package or standard Host installation package. Please note, that this will require Host installation.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Mar 24, 2020 9:15:24 pm EDT
a suggestion. Add more command line parameters to the new (run-only) agent, like this:

agent6.10.exe -mode lan-only
agent6.10.exe -my_ru_server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -my_ru_server_port 5655

I think this will be more useful
Mar 24, 2020 11:51:23 pm EDT
I tried the MSI Configurator tool.
very useful.
Hopefully the new version adds the turn off the Internet-ID option.
Mar 25, 2020 9:53:12 am EDT
Hello Mao,

I apologize for the misinformation in my previous message.

Actually, disabling the Internet-ID connections for Agent automatically is possible if you configure a custom Agent using the MSI Configurator tool.
In order to disable the Internet-ID please select the Pre-configure radio button -> General and network settings on Step 4 of the configuration process. In the opened Settings window navigate to the Other tab and enable the Disable Internet-ID and callback connections checkbox:
[agent6.10.exe] turn off Internet-ID by default - 25 Mar 2020 09:46:35
This way, Internet-ID connections will be disabled for this Agent.

a suggestion. Add more command line parameters to the new (run-only) agent, like this:
agent6.10.exe -mode lan-only
agent6.10.exe -my_ru_server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -my_ru_server_port 5655

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll forward this to our developers for the review to see if we can implement this in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Mar 25, 2020 10:41:59 am EDT
Thanks i got it

about this:
"Agent6.10.exe -mode lan-only ....."

At the beginning, I didn't know the MSI Configurator tool.

The agent (run_only) that I downloaded from your official website does not seem to be necessary anymore.

The MSI Configurator tool does the job well.

Your software is really well designed.
Attached Files
[agent6.10.exe] turn off Internet-ID by default
Mar 25, 2020 4:32:09 pm EDT
Hello Mao,

Thank you for the kind words!

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)