Community

Connecting to Win10Pro on WiFi authorization not working

Lukasz Pacholik, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 28, 2020 10:45:40 am EDT
Hi all,
When I am connecting to any machines via LAN everything works nice.
As soon as I am connecting to Windows10Pro machines while those machines are on Wi-Fi it does not authenticate me and refuses connection.
I see machines online and can ping them. RU host is running and newest version both viewer and hosts.

I tried connecting using IP address, Internet ID, tried different methods of authentications but no luck.

I even removed AV, Firewall etc. I even restored to factory settings, tried RU, no good, updated Windows no good.

As soon as I connect LAN cable to those laptops all works fine.

Regards
Lukasz
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Oct 28, 2020 1:05:56 pm EDT
Hello Lukasz,

Thank you for your message.

The issue might be caused by DNS resolution problems that occur on any side of the connection or, perhaps, access to our ID servers was blacklisted mistakenly on the ISP level.

Could you please try flushing the DNS cache by executing the following command in the command-line interface:
ipconfig /flushdns
In addition, please try setting your DNS servers to Google Public DNS servers instead of your ISPs in your TCP/IP properties and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

In case if the solutions above did not help to resolve the issue, please feel free to send us the Host log files for examination. The Host logs can be located in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\. You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)