Community

printing when connecting via RDP

Links used in this discussion
admin fence, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 02, 2021 3:09:43 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Do I need to do anything unique to use the local printers when connecting to a remote machine via RDP when using remote utilities?  I see the local printers on my remote RDP session (labeled "redirected" on the printer name) however the printing never reaches the local machine's printer queue when trying to print.

Is there a better way to print to your local printer when connecting remotely?  maybe another tool outside of remote utilities?

Thanks.  I
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Feb 02, 2021 3:59:02 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please make sure that you have the virtual printer installed on the remote Host machine - it can be installed during the Host installation process or later in the Host Settings -> Driver tab.

In case if the virtual printer is installed, then you should be able to see a printer called Remote Utilities printer in the Devices and Printers menu on the remote Host machine. For more information please also see this page on the remote printing feature.
If the virtual printer is not installed on the remote machine yet, please try installing it and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you already have the virtual printer installed or if the issue persists after its installation.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)