Community

Cannot connect to any of my clients

Links used in this discussion
Colin Cloete, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 15, 2021 2:24:30 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have been using the software for over 3 years, without any issues. However in the this week none of my clients are available, and neither is the host on my PC.
Attached Files
Cannot connect to any of my clients Cannot connect to any of my clients
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Oct 15, 2021 10:18:30 am EDT
Hello Colin,

Thank you for your message.

Our servers are running with 100% uptime recently and we haven't had any downtime or other issues with our servers - our servers are up and running as well as being constantly monitored. The grey Host icon (as well as the Offline and Connection not available statuses) means that the Host cannot connect to our Internet-ID servers - perhaps, our servers might be mistakenly blocked by some firewall/antivirus activity or the required ports are blocked or being used by some other software.

Before we can proceed with further troubleshooting please refer to this Internet-ID troubleshooting guide and see if any of the solutions listed there help to resolve the issue.
In addition, please double-check if the outbound TCP ports 5655 and 443 are not blocked on the Host machine. For more information on the ports used by Remote Utilities please see this page.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Keith Evans, User (Posts: 23)
Oct 15, 2021 9:22:42 pm EDT
Hi i have lost connectivity to number of hosts using your servers also, i can access most with Google remote desktop , and the icon is greyed out on all of them, some of  the hosts are connected via 4G data devices and some fixed line connections, i am In Australia this started a few hours ago my time
cheers

UPDATE .. they have now reconnected, must have been a glitch in the Matrix ..
Edited:Keith Evans - Oct 15, 2021 9:51:52 pm EDT
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Oct 16, 2021 9:30:57 am EDT
Hello Keith,

We did replace one of our severs recently, but it wasn't a server in Australia. Still, I recommend that you reset ('flush') the DNS resolver cache on your Viewer computer just in case.

In order to flush DNS please execute this command in Windows CMD:

ipconfig /flushdns
If that doesn't help try to reset it also on of the Host computers and test connectivity. If that doesn't help please let us know.

Thanks.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Oct 16, 2021 9:37:47 am EDT
Hi Keith,

UPDATE .. they have now reconnected, must have been a glitch in the Matrix ..

Good. Don't hesitate to send us a message if you need any help.
Asaf Tevet, User (Posts: 19)
Oct 16, 2021 10:50:12 pm EDT
Hi guys - I'm having the same issues as above - I'm also in Australia although I don't know if this is part of the problem.
I have flushed my DNS cache and turned off my windows firewall - nothing so far has fixed the issue.
I have 2 computers that I run the viewer on (1 is a backup) so when my primary computer failed to show my clients as online I then went to my secondary computer which was working. The problem is that my address book was not up to date, so I copied y address book from my main computer onto my secondary as I have done countless times.
My secondary computer now ALSO refuses to show my clients as online or connect to any clients.
I've also tried to now revert the address book to the previous (working) version and still no luck on either computer.
This is definitely not something that is environment related ... help please!!!
Oct 16, 2021 11:00:15 pm EDT
Update from me, one of my clients which happens to be in my workshop is still not connecting , our Internet Provider is iInet , Asaf what is you provider wondering if thats a possible issue, my unit  is in a corporate environment., all my other clients which are connected are various connection methods etc but not through that particular provider
Oct 16, 2021 11:12:18 pm EDT
Keith - my clients are mostly home based so generally NBN connections across the spectrum. My home connection is TPG NBN... I've now tried to change my DNS settings on my machine to point to the google server (8.8.8.8) but that didn't do anything :(

Keith - have you made any changes to your address book in the last couple of days? as I mentioned my backup computer seemed to be working fine until I updated the address book, then it stopped...
Edited:Asaf Tevet - Oct 16, 2021 11:14:05 pm EDT
Oct 16, 2021 11:18:47 pm EDT
as an experiment i generated a new ID on the client which it did restarted the host , no connection still. what is interesting is the client can connect to servers to get a new ID so yes its a bit baffling. i will talk with our IT people Monday to see if changes have been done to our network,

As to your question no no changes to address book i have 22 clients except to the test i just did
Edited:Keith Evans - Oct 16, 2021 11:20:03 pm EDT
Oct 16, 2021 11:25:01 pm EDT
Keith - do you have an agent running on the computer you use the viewer on? I do...  so this is even stranger...
As my primary PC was unusable, I brought up my secondary and could still see and connect to the primary computer before I updated my address book, even though the primary computer's agent was showing as grey on the primary and showing as online on my secondary.
Now that I've updated the address book on my secondary It no longer shows my primary as online and I can't connect to it either. My primary agent still shows as grey on the primary pc

Keith - are you using an internal RUT Server or the internet based server? I use the internet server
Edited:Asaf Tevet - Oct 16, 2021 11:26:07 pm EDT

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)