New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Access through multiple firewalls

Links used in this discussion
Mark Butler, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 07, 2022 2:35:41 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have a customer that is in a shared office building (multiple companies) that has a router (Building Router).  They hand out 1 IP address to each tenant which is a non routable address in the 192.168.129.xxx range.  That IP address is then the WAN port of my customers router (Office Router).  The PC's are then hooked up to the Office Router LAN ports which the host software will be installed.  Can the Viewer access the PC's that are on the Office Router?  The viewer would have to cascade through the Building Router to the Office Router to get to the PC's with the host installed.

TIA, Mark
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 10, 2022 7:34:34 am EST
Hello Mark,

Thank you for your message.

So long as the endpoints (Hosts) have access to the internet you can set up the Internet-ID connection to get to the Hosts. This is the easiest way to go since you won't have to do any network configurations on the routers.

However, if you insist connecting directly (without an intermediate server) to the remote Hosts you will have to forward ports twice - once on each router. I believe this might not be an option in this case.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)