Community

Cursor

Some Guy, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 29, 2022 1:45:07 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have this installed on 3 devices and every devices cursor acts differently. WHY???

One device there is no cursor, my main cursor is there but nothing inside the remote PC. This works great. No lag and no changing cursor.

Every other PC I see my main cursor then another one inside the remote PC. It super laggy and the cursor changes based off what your hovering over.

ALL SETTINGS INSIDE EACH REMOTE PC IS EXACTLY THE SAME. All remote PCs are on the same version and this has been happening for as long as ive used this program

How to I remove the remote cursor and make each remote PC act the same?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jan 30, 2022 3:09:38 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Cursor options are set individually for each connection (an item/entry in your address book that represents a remote PC).  

In Viewer, right-click on the connection in question and select Properties. Go to "Cursor" and then select the appropriate option.  

Every other PC I see my main cursor then another one inside the remote PC. It super laggy and the cursor changes based off what your hovering over.

Perhaps you have the rendering of remote cursor option selected. Try setting it to "View only mode active" or "Never" if you only want to see the local cursor.

Hope that helps.
Some Guy, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 31, 2022 1:53:22 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I've set the remote cursor to never display but I can clearly still see it trailing my host cursor. I have 2 identical HP proliant servers and 1 works fine the other always displays the remote cursor. The weird thing is if I open notepad on the server I cannot see the remote cursor when I move the mouse INSIDE that window. If I go to the file menu in notepad I see the cursor, if I move it back in the text area I cant see it, also the cursor changes from a small white one to a larger black cursor.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Jan 31, 2022 3:55:35 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please provide us some screenshots or even a short video of the issue, so that I can forward it to our development department? You can upload it right here or send to us to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)