Community

Just an Update Info

Links used in this discussion
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Apr 17, 2022 6:22:35 pm EDT

Matthew Cooper wrote:

...I just re-read your post and realised you are not using the script. I am unsure if there will be any effect of running the start command when the service is already running. Probably not, but I guess you will know for sure after it runs for a few days.

Matthew, Thanks so much for all this help, this been going on for a while and at least now we might have a soultion. Thanks again for all the help.. I will try to update here in the future if it continues to work out..
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 18, 2022 5:05:55 pm EDT
Hello Matthew and John,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce it just yet. However, I've also forwarded all of the latest information to our developers - perhaps, they'll be able to identify what might be causing the issue and implement a fix for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on this issue.
Apr 18, 2022 6:46:37 pm EDT
The workaround Matthew came up with seems to be working very well so far...
Edited:johnran - Apr 18, 2022 6:46:52 pm EDT
Apr 19, 2022 11:26:00 am EDT
Hello John,

I'm glad to hear it works for you! Matthew, thank you for your contribution.

Please feel free to let us know if there are any updates on this issue or if you have more questions.

I'll let you know as soon as I get any update on the issue from our development department.
Matthew Cooper, User (Posts: 38)
Apr 19, 2022 5:32:12 pm EDT
Hi Pauline

Something I have found with the host service, is that even if I switch the service recovery settings to Restart the Service on first, second and third failures, this has not been effective in getting the service online after a reboot. It seems that if the service does not start on boot, only starting it manually will work to bring it back online.

I am surprised you cannot replicate this issue. I would say it happens on most of our client hosts quite regularly.

Matthew
Apr 19, 2022 5:42:56 pm EDT
I know when my hosts went out, rebooting them would not start them up either, I had to physically click on the start host tab to get it to work. I beileve others must be having a similar problem, I doubt its just two of us.
Apr 20, 2022 5:38:46 pm EDT
Hello Matthew and John,

Could you please check and let us know what was the last Windows update installed right before the issue started occurring, i.e. its specific name? You can check this in the Windows Update Center - we will try once again to reproduce the issue in our environment, even though we haven't received other reports on any similar issues.
In addition, could you please try uninstalling one of the Hosts in question completely as described here, including deleting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\ registry key and the C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\ folder and then re-installing Host from scratch to see if this helps to resolve the issue? Please let us know if this works.

Looking forward to your reply.
Matthew Cooper, User (Posts: 38)
Apr 21, 2022 8:13:54 am EDT
I don't know that I will be able to provide this information. I do not always realise that the host is offline right away. We have almost 500 hosts and we do not log into them all every day. I will keep an eye out and see if I can catch a host going offline after a reboot.
Apr 21, 2022 8:58:20 am EDT
Same thing here, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled in the past,   .. it made no difference,... I never deleted the key though. If i see it happen I will again but for now the fix that we are using i might not even notice if it does go offline because it would restart..
Apr 21, 2022 5:22:54 pm EDT
Hello Matthew and John,

Meanwhile, it seems like we finally were able to reproduce the issue. We will continue testing it out in order to implement a fix in our future updates.

I'll let you know if there are any updates on this issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)