Community

Secondary monitor on host problem

Links used in this discussion
Paolo, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 29, 2022 3:08:16 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello. I got weird behaviour when connecting to a host with two displays. The controller correctly senses the two display, the first one (primary) works fine but when I switch to the secondary I got again the primary screen but mirrored. I have noted that the "mirrored" image would be the secondary monitor but I don't see it as the image from the primary monitor kind of overlays it (but the mouse does act on the icons of the secondary monitor of the host).

So in short I can't remotely control the secondary monitor of the host. Any clues?
Attached Files
Secondary monitor on host problem Secondary monitor on host problem
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Mar 29, 2022 10:36:53 am EDT
Hello Paolo,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if it helps to resolve the issue? After enabling the feature please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied.
In addition, please make sure that your Host and Viewer are both updated to the latest version 7.1.2.0 and there's no version mismatch which might lead to performance issues or some features not working. In case if something needs to be updated, you can do so via the Simple Update feature or by manually running the installation files you can download on this page.

Hope that helps.
Paolo, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 30, 2022 4:11:30 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
YES that did the trick! Maybe the connection is a little slower with legacy mode? But now I see correctly the two monitors.
Thank you.
Mar 30, 2022 11:06:37 am EDT
Hello Paolo,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

Actually, the Legacy capture mode simply means that the screen capture is processed differently from the default mode deep inside the operating system. On the surface this difference just manifests itself in the simple checkbox which usually helps to resolve most issues with screen capture.

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions.
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Apr 10, 2022 4:31:08 pm EDT
Is there a update when the option to use two montiors one day will be out? montior to montior?
Apr 11, 2022 10:10:06 am EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

If you mean just viewing/switching between two monitors with the multi-monitor configuration at the Host's side, then it's already possible. You should be able to see both monitors when connecting to a remote Host and you can switch between displaying both or only one of them via the Remote monitors located on the Toolbar in the Full Control and View connection mode.

In case if you mean auto-mapping of the remote monitors to the local ones, then, unfortunately, this feature is not supported yet and there's no specific ETA on it yet. It is already added to our roadmap though, so we will definitely implement it in our future updates. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Hope that helps.
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Apr 11, 2022 10:28:13 am EDT
yeah I was talking about the auto mapping.. Ok thanks

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)