Community

[ Closed ] can not connect to any hosts

Links used in this discussion
Dustin Miller, User (Posts: 17)
Apr 28, 2022 10:46:09 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Good morning,  Are there any known issues this morning ?  I can not connect to any of the hosts.  All of them say "online" yet when I try to connect to any of them they go to offline, try to connect 5 times, and never connect.
David Slish, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 28, 2022 10:57:50 am EDT
I'm having the exact same issue.  Everything was working yesterday.  Today, nothing.
Apr 28, 2022 11:04:16 am EDT
David-  Same here. Very frustrating. I'm about 5 hours behind because of this today. I need remote utilities functioning for every task I have today.
Paul Truswell, User (Posts: 12)
Apr 28, 2022 11:06:40 am EDT
Same here.  Host updated.  Viewer on v 7.1.2.0 and showing remote computer online but will not connect.  Really annoying!!
Attached Files
can not connect to any hosts
Apr 28, 2022 11:07:55 am EDT
The most frustrating thing is that this software used to work really well and now it has become next to useless :(
Tristan Lake, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 28, 2022 11:12:14 am EDT
Support level: Starter
I am also having issues and I have a purchased license. I connect to a host every day to get tickets done and I am setback so much from this connection issue. Currently looking for any fixes. Please help!

Thank you
Apr 28, 2022 11:24:10 am EDT
does anyone have any way to contact Remote Utilities ?  I googled and couldn't find a phone number.  only other way is to email sales through their "contact us" link
Apr 28, 2022 11:28:52 am EDT
There clearly is a problem here; I think misuse of the word "issue" is half the problem!!

Looking forward to the problem being fixed! :)
Trent, User (Posts: 59)
Apr 28, 2022 11:32:25 am EDT
I too am having issues starting this morning.

Question, who are all of your ISPs?  I have talked with a few other RU users and someone on CenturyLink says they are not having issues, but everyone that is on Spectrum that I have talked to DOES seem to be having issues.

I had luck on ONE of the hosts I connect to by having someone at the host side stop and restart the host, but others where I have done the same thing continue to be inaccessible.  It's a mixture of showing online (yellow), then going offline (grey) when I try to connect OR going to Logged On status (green) and just getting stuck on the connecting world map screen.
Apr 28, 2022 11:36:04 am EDT
I have Comcast/Xfinity here from my home office.  internet is working fine.  I have a co worker who is on the west coast right now at a customers facility and he can remote in to our clients, but I can't .....

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)