Community

Unable to connect, server issue?

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2835)
Nov 16, 2022 11:31:54 am EST
Hello Douglas,

I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

Legacy capture mode is recommended to use whenever there are some displaying issues since most of the time enabling it helps to fix them (for example, for headless Host machines). Unfortunately, it's hard to say what exactly had caused the issue - we've had this issue in some updates for version 7, however, for most users it have been already fixed in the subsequent updates.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Kevin Chen, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 28, 2022 11:45:05 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Had the exact same problem, with updated host and client. Considering how legacy mode screw up the resolution it doesn't really help for my case. Better to try alternative solution as I don't think there's any solution to this problem yet.
Nov 29, 2022 10:16:31 am EST
Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that the Legacy capture mode only changes the mechanism of the screen capture and is not supposed to change the screen resolution. You can try setting your View Mode for this Host to Stretch mode and see if this helps to fix the screen issue. In addition, please also make sure that your graphics card drivers are updated to the latest version as well.

As for the issue discussed in this thread - this issue had occurred in one of the previous updates for version 7 and we have managed to fix it in almost all cases, so now it something that occurs rather rare. Hopefully, we will be able to completely eliminate this issue in our upcoming updates, but the using Legacy capture mode is the current workaround that usually always helps to resolve this issue.

Hope that helps.
Douglas Crawford, User (Posts: 75)
Nov 30, 2022 8:41:07 am EST
Support level: Starter
I am impressed that you can do a lot with the server remotely to tweak its operation.
I hoped that I wouldn't have to use these under the hood features, but I'm glad they are there.
The machine, as well as all my remote machines,  is running with dongles on the video ports to fake out a monitor.
Nov 30, 2022 10:48:21 am EST
Hello Douglas,

Thank you for your message.

We're glad to hear that these features have been helpful!

Let us know if you have more questions or need our assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)