Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V not working

Links used in this discussion
David Flink, User (Posts: 8)
Dec 21, 2022 8:07:03 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I used to be able to copy and paste using the ctrl-c & ctrl-v commands. I now get the message below. Other than right clicking for the copy and paste feature, please advise if it's possible to get back the ctrl-c, ctrl-v.
Warning
---------------------------
Remote Utilities Host running on the local computer is detected. It must be stopped.
---------------------------
OK
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Dec 22, 2022 10:08:17 am EST
Hello David,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you receive the warning message on your Host or Viewer computer? Do you use Agent or Host?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jan 08, 2023 9:36:52 pm EST
I get the error when using viewer to go on a host computer and trying to copy and past onto the host computer. The only work-around is right clicking and using the copy command, however Ctrl-C does not work. Please help thank you!
Edited:David Flink - Jan 08, 2023 9:39:15 pm EST
Jan 09, 2023 10:24:43 am EST
Hello David,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know what version of Host and Viewer you're currently using? In addition, please let us know what are you trying to copy/paste when the issue occurs, i.e. is it a plain text, some type of file or something else.

Looking forward to your reply.
Jan 09, 2023 8:59:49 pm EST
Thank you for your reply and following up. I just updated the viewer on the PC to the latest version and the error is gone.
Jan 10, 2023 11:08:27 am EST
Hello David,

I'm glad to hear that everything works for you now!

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)