Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] some one is accessing my pc with remote utility

Links used in this discussion
Bharath TV, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 27, 2023 7:21:49 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
some hacker has logged into my pc and has seen everything using remote utility. I havent installed remote utility myself. what to do. how do i report this
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Feb 28, 2023 10:15:57 am EST
Hello Bharath,

Thank you for your message.

We're sorry to hear that this had happened to you! You should be able to easily uninstall Host from your computer - you can follow this guide that helps to fully uninstall software and remove any remaining traces, such as access settings, etc.

In addition, since someone got unauthorized access to the computer (which is illegal) you should try contacting your nearest police department and letting them know about the case so that they can investigate this further. In this case we will be able to provide our server logs that contain the originating IP address which is stored on our servers (i.e. the information that might help to identify whoever got the access to your computer). However, please note that the logs can be only provided if there's a direct request from the police. Here is an excerpt from our Privacy Policy:

Government and law enforcement agencies

We may also share information to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce this Privacy Policy and our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; (iv) respond to your requests; or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.

This is strictly within the law and international treaties and also conforms to our privacy policy. Please feel free to provide our contact information privacy@remoteutilities.com to the police - we will be happy to provide our assistance to the investigation.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)