New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Latest Update Bulk Logout Not Working

Links used in this discussion
Keith Evans, User (Posts: 23)
Oct 14, 2023 12:19:46 am EDT
just updated i have a Mini license,  i could highlight multiple connections and logoff, now only logs only one at a time
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 14, 2023 3:50:48 am EDT

Keith Evans wrote:

just updated i have a Mini license,  i could highlight multiple connections and logoff, now only logs only one at a time

Hello Keith,

Just tested multipe logoff - it works. Have you updated both modules - Viewer and Host(s)?
Oct 14, 2023 9:31:10 pm EDT
Yes i have , best way to describe, on the connections list when logged on they are green, if a use Shift to highlight all the green connections and right click to loggoff only the last in the list logs off and not the others, was working fine in the previous version
Attached Files
Latest Update Bulk Logout Not Working
Oct 15, 2023 11:51:24 am EDT
Hello Keith,

Thank you for the report. Indeed, there is a bug which wasn't evident at first. Actually, the mass logoff works but when the groups are enabled (Viewer Options -> View tab -> Use group view). When groups are disabled, mass logoff only works on the last item.

We'll add the fix to the nearest update of the Windows version, which is pretty soon.
Oct 15, 2023 10:57:08 pm EDT
Mike G, User (Posts: 47)
Oct 21, 2023 6:33:07 am EDT
Hi Conrad,
Any idea when this update will be out? This was a known issue when I queried it back in January:

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Bulk log off - interface issue in grouped view

I don't really want to built another version MSI installer and have to build another right after the update.
Thanks,
Mike
Oct 21, 2023 9:48:32 am EDT
Hi Mike,

Actually we are ready to release, we are just waiting for some test results on this issue.

Also, given how intolerant and indiscriminate antiviruses have become, this time we'll have to first initiate the virus checks and  make sure that at least the most critical false detections are removed before we make the version public. This may delay the release from a few days to a week, but this is a necessary evil.
Mike G, User (Posts: 47)
Oct 21, 2023 11:28:16 am EDT
Hi Conrad,
Thanks for the update. So the version you are rolling out sets the recovery option in the host service to run the exe with the -restart flag (like what is configured by your CMD file?

I have noticed a few hosts that fail after updates but in my experience it was older hardware that I assumed dependency with other slow starting services was timing out your start. a further reboot seems to cure the issue (or even a spin of the host service).

As for AV false detections, it seems Google or Windows Security is blocking my current custom EXE installer v7.1.7.0. Does the code signing certificate expire?

Latest Update Bulk Logout Not Working - 21 Oct 2023 11:27:39

Thanks,
Mike
Oct 22, 2023 3:47:32 am EDT
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the update. So the version you are rolling out sets the recovery option in the host service to run the exe with the -restart flag (like what is configured by your CMD file?

Not only that. The bulk logoff bug will also be fixed.

As for AV false detections, it seems Google or Windows Security is blocking my current custom EXE installer v7.1.7.0. Does the code signing certificate expire?

The expiration date for the certificate only matters for signing. The expiration of the certificate does not invalidate the signature for the files already signed.

If this is Microsoft detection, I recommend that you send a false positive report on this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission
Oct 30, 2023 4:53:05 pm EDT
Version 7.2.2.0 has been released. The bulk log off has been fixed, as well as MS Windows Defender false detection (although we do not guarantee anything with today's dismal state of 'antivirus' software industry :)  ).

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)