New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Ability to capture / record voice from microphone of host

Tom Hungerford, User (Posts: 1)
May 26, 2024 8:00:59 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I've downloaded the latest Windows versions of the host and viewer and just have one question.  Whilst I can capture screens from the host to the viewer, and also any sounds (i.e. sounds heard through the host's speakers), I can't see anyway to capture any sound from the microphone.

For example, if the user on the host machine talks into the microphone during a support "Video and Voice Call", is there any way of recording on the viewer what the host is saying to their microphone?  I appreciate I can hear what is said on the host's microphone on the viewer in real time during the call, but on the viewer there doesn't appear to be anyway of recording (to a file) what they are saying to the host's microphone.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 27, 2024 9:20:44 pm EDT
Hello Tom,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities does not support recording the microphone input of a remote Host. You’re still able to record the microphone input during the Voice and Video call mode using a third-party software if needed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)