Community

Unwanted disconnection

Links used in this discussion
Jonathan Jonner, User (Posts: 4)
Aug 21, 2024 8:21:55 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,
We use Remote Utilities in our company. Some users get disconnected several times a day while working. In the log files, nothing special is indicated. We use version 7.2.2.0 for the Host and Viewer.
Do you have any ideas on how to solve this problem?
Attached Files
Unwanted disconnection
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Aug 21, 2024 8:18:52 pm EDT
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you’re using our public servers for Internet-ID access or your custom self-hosted RU Server?
In addition, you can also send us your latest Host logs from one of your remote machines to support@remoteutilities.com for examination.

Looking forward to your reply.
Aug 22, 2024 2:01:24 am EDT
Hello Pauline,
We have our own server for Remote Utilities. But this only impacts 3 employees, and we have several dozen users using Remote Utilities.
I'll send you this as soon as I have the log file.

Best Regard
Aug 22, 2024 2:37:08 pm EDT
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for the provided logs.

I've examined the Host logs but haven't noticed any error entries that could point to what's causing the issue. Could you please send us the latest log files from your RU Server as well? You can send the files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Aug 23, 2024 2:03:49 am EDT
Hello Pauline,
I'll send you this as soon as I have the log file from the Server

Best Regard
Aug 23, 2024 5:43:24 pm EDT
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for the provided logs.

I've examined the files, but didn't notice anything that could point to the root of the issue. Before we can proceed with further troubleshooting, do you mind trying to update your Remote Utilities installation to the latest beta version (available for download on this page)? After you update at least one Viewer and Host where the issue occurs, as well as RU Server, see if the issue still persists for you.

Let us know if this helps.
Aug 30, 2024 4:42:24 am EDT
Hello,
I've tested the Host and the Viewer with a colleague. Now the person is disconnected every 2min.
Attached is a capture of the Host Logs:
Attached Files
Unwanted disconnection
Aug 30, 2024 4:48:20 pm EDT
Hello Jonathan,

Have you tried updating your Viewer and at least one of the Hosts to the latest beta version to see if this might help to resolve the issue? The installation files for the beta version can be found on this page.

Let us know if the issue persists after updating your installation.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)