Community

When Remote PC Reboots to Windows Login Screen I Am Unable to Login

Links used in this discussion
Gaz Denson, User (Posts: 26)
Sep 23, 2024 9:23:34 am EDT
Support level: Starter
When a remote PC is rebooted (say a power cut occurs) I am unable to then login to the rebooted machine to subsequently login to the Windows account I wish to use on that remote PC, it behaves as if the PC is not online at all.
I assume this is because RU will not initialise before logining in phyiscally on the remote PC, but this did not use to be the case.
Many times in the past I have had the remote PC reboot and I could login and then choose which windows account to use.
Is there now some option I need to select to allow this to occur again? Or is this no longer supported?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Sep 23, 2024 1:28:53 pm EDT
Hello Gaz,

Thank you for your message.

This issue might be caused by an antivirus software blocking Host’s automatic startup upon the system start. Please make sure that you’ve added the Host installation folder to the a/v exception list following the steps provided here.
In addition, one of our users have shared a workaround for how to set up a delayed startup for Host service which might also help to resolve the issue. You can find more information on it here.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)