New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Restarting windows and reconnecting

Links used in this discussion
Chris Robertson, User (Posts: 8)
Dec 01, 2014 2:03:08 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I haven't read  if this is possible or not. I did use the restart feature (also has restart in safe mode) but with i was not able to reconnect without the host logging in again. I did not find any thing in the forum search either.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 01, 2014 2:16:24 pm EST
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your message.

Are you asking if Remote Utilities is capable of automatically restoring your remote session after the remote PC has been restarted?
Dec 01, 2014 5:45:15 pm EST
Yes. I've tried it with the remove server and the full install server. Neither reconnected on restart.
Dec 02, 2014 3:07:39 am EST
Hello Chris,

Currently, there is no such feature. That is - automatically opening the same connection mode that you had open before restarting the remote PC.

I will add your suggestion to our wish list and we'll possibly implement it in the future.
Dec 02, 2014 7:36:27 am EST
Thank you. Most remote repair we do, we restart the computer at least 2 times. This is a very important feature.
I have worked out that the host program will let you know that the computer is started, but the program will not log the computer back in by itself. For Now I will have to get the computer's password and use the auto-logon utility I have.
Dec 02, 2014 11:15:16 am EST

Chris Robertson wrote:
I have worked out that the host program will let you know that the computer is started, but the program will not log the computer back in by itself. For Now I will have to get the computer's password and use the auto-logon utility I have.

There is auto-logon feature but it means a slightly different thing than restoring an active session. This page explains what logon and auto-logon is in Remote Utilities:

https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/logon-and-logoff/

The auto-logon checkbox is located in Connection Properties for a given connection. This feature only works for direct connection (e.g. on a LAN) but not for Internet ID connection yet.
Dec 02, 2014 12:21:23 pm EST
Glad you clarified that. I kept trying it and nothing..nice to know it work on network only. If you have to explain it then it needs a popup or note on the action with that detail.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)