New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Alpha blending and Blank user screen

Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)
Dec 28, 2014 8:43:55 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Is there a way in the new version to use these 2 options together. Other than that v6 is a pretty good stable version. Great job
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 29, 2014 2:59:21 pm EST
Hi Bobby,

Not yet. But perhaps it will be possible when we re-write the blank remote screen feature in the next update (i.e. 6.1 or 6.2).
Leo Ooms, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 21, 2015 4:41:05 pm EST
Please do include this combined use.
I'm having troubles with overlays in softwares like MS-Office when the blank screen is on.
The overlays don't show anymore until I turn off the blank screen.
Other than that everything is working fine.
Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)
Jan 21, 2015 6:23:51 pm EST
I hope they do.... I think Capture Alpha Blending should be a stardard setting auto enabled. Seems more programs need this option now days.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 21, 2015 6:55:14 pm EST
Hi Everyone,

Please do include this combined use.

We are going to re-write the blank screen feature anyway, so this ability will most likely be included.

I think Capture Alpha Blending should be a stardard setting auto enabled.

We'll certainly consider making this a default setting. Meanwhile, you can simply enable it in Tools -> Default Connection properties and from then on all new connections that you create in the Viewer will have this option selected.
Bob Ross, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 06, 2016 6:49:58 pm EDT
I still can't get Blank Remote Screen and Alpha Blending to work together. Blank remote screen gets unchecked. Running Windows 7 and version 6.3.0.6
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 07, 2016 8:27:36 am EDT
Hello Bob,

Unfortunately, it is how it works on Windows 7. The new monitor driver that we implemented in the recent beta version and that fixes many issues with "blank remote screen" feature only works starting Windows 8/10.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)