New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

how to know someone is on the comp

Links used in this discussion
Wanda Newby, User (Posts: 8)
Aug 07, 2018 12:40:13 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
I know that in settings I can make it so that when I am on someone's computer, I can black out the wallpaper, that way they know I am there.  But I want to be able to know when someone is on my computer? If I leave and comeback, unless they have mead the setting on their side to black out the screen, I would not know they are there.  I would just like to know when someone is on my computer . A small screen in the bottom of my window or something. cause as it stands, anyone can come in and I would not know. I know they have to have my password.  But, It is just nice to know someone came in.  Is there a way, that I am missing?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 07, 2018 2:38:45 pm EDT
Hello Wanda,

You might want to enable notification panel in the Host settings. Here is how https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/notification-panel/ . Note that in the latest beta version 6.9.0.1 this check box is located on the "Interface" tab in the Host settings window.

Hope that helps.
Aug 07, 2018 3:29:02 pm EDT
man I looked all over to be able to do that! One more question.  If someone is on my computer and I need to disconnect them is there another way besides stopping the host?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 07, 2018 4:09:57 pm EDT
Hi Wanda,

You can disconnect them by clicking on an "X" in the notification window:

how to know someone is on the comp - 07 Aug 2018 04:09:46

Hope that helps.
Aug 08, 2018 1:41:56 pm EDT
You are awesome! THANKS!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)