New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

License format

Links used in this discussion
UberHiker Mr, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 18, 2024 3:36:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi all, I'm trying to transfer a license from a colleague but I can't get it to import on my Mac. he gave me a file without an extension, so I tried .txt and .rlicense and the second worked to select it, but it always tell me "Invalid License Key". The file he gave me consists of three long strings of 75 character stings and one of 16. I've tried various combinations of making them one long string, line feeds, character returns etc. But it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me the way that file should look for importing?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 18, 2024 7:43:12 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what version of Remote Utilities you’re currently using? If you’re using version 7, please note that it requires a new license key as well. If your key is stored in a text format and *txt file, then it’s an older license key for version 6.
If the license key was a free license key of version 6, you can easily request a new license key using this form. If this was a commercial license key, you can check if it’s eligible for a free upgrade using this form.

Let us know if you have more questions.
UberHiker Mr, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 19, 2024 10:06:07 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I'm using the latest Mac version I could find which is 1.0.17q (70205) beta 17. The license is from a version 6 installation on Windows. I checked it via the link but got an error message with four possible problems

The key is truncated, has extra formatting or trailing spaces
You entered a free license key
The key has already been upgraded
The key has been blacklisted

In turn
The key I dropped in there doesn't have white spaces at the start or end, and it works in v6 on Windows
It's a 20 person license, so I assume it is not free
It doesn't work in v7 on Windows or v1 on Mac, so I assume it is not upgraded
It works in v6 on Windows so I assume it has not been blacklisted
The key doesn't work on
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 19, 2024 10:27:23 pm EDT
Hello,

Could you please send us the license key via email at support@remoteutilities.com? Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)