Community

Adding a second license but get invalid license error

Links used in this discussion
Alexander Zafra, User (Posts: 1)
May 14, 2021 11:30:38 am EDT
Hello, I am using version 6.10.10.0. I have one mini license that I have been using for last couple of years. I have more connections now so I just bought another earlier this week. When I try to add it to my viewer it says invalid registration key.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
May 14, 2021 2:07:24 pm EDT
Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your message.

Your new license comes as a file in .rlicense format, correct? Please note that license keys in .rlicense format are meant for version 7 (and higher) of Remote Utilities and are not compatible with version 6.10.10.0 or older versions of Remote Utilities.
In case if you mean that you've upgraded your license key (i.e. expanded it by adding more connections), you can simply update your Remote Utilities installations to the latest version 7.0.2.0 - this can be done via the Self-Update feature or manually by downloading the latest version from our Download page.
In case if you have now two license keys - one of version 6 (in .txt format) and the other one for version 7 - you can continue using them separately with different Viewers of respective versions or you can also upgrade your current license key for version 6, so it will be possible to add it to newer Viewers. All customers who purchased their licenses within a year prior to the version 7 release date (i.e. within 2020-2021) are eligible for a free upgrade. You can check if your key can be upgraded for free using this form.
In addition, please feel free to refer to this page that can provide some useful information.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)