Community

Free license on user vs on company

Links used in this discussion
jjj rrrrrr, User (Posts: 1)
Jul 31, 2024 4:22:25 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello, i was wondering. I know there can't be more than 1 free license tied to an individual, but what if an individual employee registers a free license with their company email (for work related commercial purposes of course). Can another employee register another free license? Or is the first one tied to the company as whole? I've read your terms of use, but it's not clear to me.

Thank you
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jul 31, 2024 5:59:19 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

This is from our EULA:

4.4 Using more than one free license key within a business company or any other organization is prohibited.

So it's a limiation applied to the company as a whole. Unfortunately, such use of the free license (multiple users in the same company) isn't allowed by our EULA.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Isaia Pasca, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 27, 2024 1:42:02 am EDT
I can see some limitations of the free version that is self-hosted. But i am unsure if i get it right, maybe someone can clarify it.

I technician and 10 connections =

1. One technician can add unlimited contacts to the address book if self-hosted but can connect to a maximum of 10 concurrent devices at one time.

2. One technician can add a maximum of 10 devices/contacts to the address book, and how many concurrent connections? 10?

Thank you
Aug 27, 2024 3:54:52 am EDT
Hi Isaia,

Whether the user deploys a self-hosted server or not doesn't affect licensing limitations. With the free license 1 user can connect to up to 10 remote devices.

It is possible to add more than 10 contacts in the address book, but the program won't allow connecting to any one of them unless their number is reduced to the number allowed by the applied license.

Hope that helps.
Isaia Pasca, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 27, 2024 4:12:48 am EDT
What a shame. It just makes no sense to be locked and not be able to connect to hosts you have and need in an address book hosted on your own server (self-hosted). Everything is there, but the software is locked.

This can be fixed with an Excel document and some work, but in this regard,  [censored] and [censored] are way more superior.

I understand the Marketing point of view of limiting it, but I guess I was expecting more from self-hosted, considering offers less than alternatives.

Maybe in time, this will be reconsidered.
Aug 27, 2024 5:07:45 am EDT
Hello Isaia,

Thank you for your point of view. We do appreciate it.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)