Community

Remote Utilities has been installed

Links used in this discussion
Larry Brown, User (Posts: 8)
Apr 07, 2017 9:36:01 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
On one of my Windows 10 64bit clients that I  installed the updated host of 6.6.0.3
I have an annoying little banner in the bottom right hand corner that says
Remote Utilities
Remote Utilities has been installed. This software can be used to remotely access your computer.
Ok (button) Tell me more...(button)
Neither button does anything. The box will not go away.

Any thoughts?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Apr 07, 2017 11:31:50 am EDT
Hello Larry,

Thank you for your message.

This is how notification now works in Remote Utilities starting version 6.6. There is more information about it in this blog post.

The buttons are not clickable remotely. Only the remote user sitting at the remote PC can click OK and close the message. This is a protection mechanism against rogue/hidden install and use.

By the way, this message only appears if "Generate ID" option was selected during MSI Configuration. If this option is not selected, then no message is shown.  

Hope that helps.
Larry Brown, User (Posts: 8)
Apr 10, 2017 7:50:06 am EDT
Thanks, Conrad! As usual you on top of things!
I actually thought I had tried that but I guess not!

Larry
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Apr 10, 2017 9:30:54 am EDT
You are welcome! Let us know if you need any assistance in the future.

Thanks.
James Sutherland, User (Posts: 6)
Jun 21, 2021 2:45:15 pm EDT
Old post I know, but this is still the first search result here.

This is a major problem in remote usage when the dialog is positioned over some of the controls, as in the Windows login screen, since it prevents clicking the controls it's obscuring. Equally, on another laptop (an MS Surface) the dialog was positioned most of the way off-screen, and not draggable ... bug?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Jun 21, 2021 4:47:40 pm EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for your message.

The First Connection Warning window is simply an informational message shown to the remote user upon the first remote connection being established to the Host machine. Please note that the first connection warning window can be closed by a remote user (that is, who is physically present at the remote machine).
In addition, please note that the notification is only shown if certain conditions are met when generating an installation package. However, we plan to slightly revamp the notification window, so it would be possible to move it to other parts of the screen.

Equally, on another laptop (an MS Surface) the dialog was positioned most of the way off-screen, and not draggable ... bug?

This might be caused by some screen capture issue. Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. Please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied. You can also edit the Host Settings remotely via the Remote Settings feature.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)